Tuesday, April 21, 2009

katie roo...

This blog is in honor of my sweet childhood dog, Katie Roo
 (I always added the "roo" part). 
. 

She died on Saturday night, April 18th. 
We had her for 14 wonderful years. She was such a playful, friendly dog, that loved being in the middle of everything. When we first got her I always used to say her and I were a lot alike because we had a lot of energy and didn't like to miss any of the action going on. It is not fun losing your childhood dog. I miss her a lot and it makes me sad to think about never seeing her again. However, she is no longer in pain (she was going blind and had thyroid problems)- the cause of her death was falling into our swimming pool...
We will miss you Katie Roo!

2 comments:

Amanda Leyann said...

Poor Katie-Roo... may she R.I.P. I will miss that little licking puppy! My legs will never be the same when i go visit your house! :) Miss you and love you so so much sister!!

Marcella said...

NO WAY KATIE DIED!!! I can't believe it! She was so little and puffy! Oh man, so many memories. Gosh I love your home and pets. Much love your way.