...chase in the mornings!...
...me in the mornings...
Right now I am having a difficult time settling into my new job with ARAMARK as the Assistant Food Service Director (still learning what this means!). I started about 4 weeks ago. I go back and forth everyday about liking and disliking it. I think it is mainly that I miss college, I miss my girlfriends, I miss my flexible schedule, I miss meeting with girls in coffee shops in the middle of the day, I miss sleeping in or choosing to skip a class just because, I miss being supported by my parents.... It has been difficult getting used to working 40 hours in an 8 am-5 pm manner everyday and then still needing to keep the house clean, do laundry, cook, read Adoniram Judson, hang out with Chasey (watch LOST- which we just got hooked on!!.... we're not so hip with the times). I know that God is strengthening me through all of this and that all of this is what I went to school for. I am seeing everyday that God has his hand in this and is sovereign over ALL things- including a 40 hour/week job that I am not completely passionate about. One other thing that God is is teaching me is dependence on Him alone... Chase works at Member's Auto Exchange selling cars and this week they just hired a new guy and changed his hours... so now Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday Chase will be closing the lot and won't get home till after 8 pm! Sad times... but I guess this will give me a chance to work out, read, clean, and hang out with girls (to look on the bright side!)
Sorry to sound so negative in this blog... there are great things about my job as well:
- I love when I get to work at the schools and see all the little kids eating a healthy lunch who may not have one without us being there
- The paycheck is quite nice :0)
- The opportunity to love on and work with people that are different than me and hopefully be able to invite them to Redeemer one day and be a light in a dark place
- I actually do like working (even though it didn't sound like it before), but it feels good to accomplish stuff throughout the day
- I like that everyday is different
- I love that at the end of each day I get to be with Chase to debrief, hang out and encourage one another to get up each day and live for the Lord
- Oh and I get to eat FREE school lunch food everyday! :0)
"so whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the Glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31