Tuesday, December 22, 2009

25 years...

a few weekends ago I went to Albuquerque to see the 25th anniversary show of Christmas Joy! For those of you that do not know what Christmas Joy is... I will tell you! It is one of the greatest dance shows out there that is very near and dear to my heart. It is the true meaning of Christmas (Christ's birth, life, death, and resurrection) in dance. It truly is a God glorifying show and makes me want to worship and praise Jesus every time I see it. I was in this show from my 6th grade year until I graduated high school, so I have lots of memories related to this show and the girls I danced in it with.

For the anniversary over 60 alumni came in for the show! We had a little reception with desserts and mingling before the show- which was great to see everyone. Karen Alwin's, the owner of the dance studio I grew up in and the former Artistic director of Christmas Joy, dream was to have her alumni come in for the 25th anniversary and go up on stage again.. so that is exactly what happened. We all went up on stage and took a bow after the finale! Karen retired from Christmas Joy and so it was a really special time!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and felt the true "joy" of the season through our Savior and King!

here are a few pictures from the night/weekend...

No comments: