Wednesday, March 3, 2010

muffins...

about a month ago I went on a mini-muffin kick. I think I baked a different kind of mini-muffin every week for small group for over a month! Who doesn't love mini-muffins? You can just pop them in your mouth & not get crumbs everywhere! I wanted to share my favorite mimi-muffin recipe with you all... I got it from this blog; Taste of Every Season.

Low-Fat Pumpkin Mimi- Muffins

-Non-stick Cooking Spray (I like to use Pam Spray)
-2 cups flour (all-purpose OR White-Wheat four)
-Tablespoon baking powder
-1 tsp table salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp ground cloves
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 tsp ground nutmeg
-2/3 cup unsweetened OR natural applesauce (I used low-fat vanilla yogurt instead & it was great!)
-1 cup canned pumpkin (I used fresh pumpkin my friend Jord gave me)
-2/3 cup sugar
-1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
-2/3 cup fat-free milk
-powdered sugar, for making the tops look pretty

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. If you are using cupcake liners, do not spray the pan but spray very lightly the insides of the cupcake liner.

2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.

3. In a mixer combine applesauce, pumpkin, sugar, egg substitute, and milk in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.

4. Stir the flour mixture into the applesauce mixer until it is all completely incorporated-do not over mix!

5. Pour batter into muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.

6. Let cool for about 10 minutes. sprinkle on the Powdered sugar (I used a flour sifter).


Enjoy! They are really yummy!

1 comment:

Craig said...

they look really good!