Wednesday, April 1, 2009

the people..

of Oman were my favorite part of the whole trip. 

We got to meet Drew and Jord's friends and hang out with them on three different occasions. It was such a blessing and so encouraging to know that you can actually make friends in a foreign country. 

One night when we were sitting in Humda's house (Jord's best Omani friend) with her sisters and I was just listening to them all talk (not understanding them) and I started to get tears in my eyes... it was such a serial moment- I remember thinking these are such great, welcoming, sweet girls that have no idea who Jesus is, what their worth in Christ is, how they were beautifully and wonderfully made by Him, how His grace is so abundant it amazes me daily... I desire for them to know the truth of the Gospel. This is why I want to go back- not for the gorgeous beaches, not for the fun touristy things, not for the great people on the team (although all GREAT perks), but for the women to know Christ as their Lord and Savior. I miss them already and don't even hardly know them...


The boys at Hasal's date farm

      
The girls at a picnic in the dessert!


No comments: